June 11, 2017
Potomac Arts Academy is excited to announce our first annual Music Competition for area student musicians!
Looking for a performance opportunity to help you hone your skills? Enter the Potomac Music Competition and compete (via YouTube video) for the opportunity to perform in the Winners’ Recital on Sunday June 11, 2017 at 3:00 pm at the beautiful Harris Theater at George Mason University in Fairfax, VA. There will be multiple winners within each age group. This music competition is open to all instruments and voice, grades K-12 and Adult Amateur. All contestants will receive judges’ comments. Proceeds go to the Potomac outreach programs and scholarship fund so you will be helping others through your performance!
This competition is open to anyone, not just Potomac students.
- Special WINNERS’ RECITAL in Harris Theater at George Mason University
- Winners’ certificates with name and rating (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
- Online application
- Applicants must submit link to a playable YouTube video to email@example.com with applicant performing their piece
- $25 non-refundable application fee (if chosen as a winner, there will be an additional $50 recital fee for a total of $75)
Audition video requirements
- Must be a playable YouTube video
- 1-2 complete pieces or movements, no more than 5 minutes total
- Video must show performers entire body and instrument, as well as accompanist if applicable
- Must be well lit
- Pieces must be memorized
- Pieces with accompaniments must be accompanied by live pianist in the video (participants also provide their own accompanist if chosen for the winners’ recital)
- Video title should include student’s name and grade
- Elementary (K-5th grade)
- Middle School (6th – 8th grade)
- High School (9th – 12th grade)
- Adult Amateur (does not make a living from or study music professionally)
- Application deadline Monday April 3, 2017
- Winners announced and notified via email May 1, 2017
- Winners’ Recital Sunday June 11, 2017 at 3:00 pm
All Competition proceeds go to Potomac scholarship and outreach programs!
Questions? Contact Alaina Talley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-993-9889.