POTOMAC MUSIC COMPETITION & RECITALS
Application & Video Auditions – March/ April 2017
Finalist Recitals – June 11, 2017
Potomac Arts Academy is excited to announce the first annual Music Competition for area student musicians!
The Potomac Music Competition is an exciting opportunity for area music students to gain audition experience and valuable musicianship feedback. Musicians will compete (via YouTube video) for the opportunity to perform in the Final Recitals at the beautiful Harris Theater at George Mason University on June 11th, 2017. Open to all instruments and voice, grades K-12 and Adult Amateur, auditions will be judged by Mason Music faculty members and area professional artists, who will provide their feedback to students. Proceeds will go to the Potomac outreach programs and scholarship fund, thereby allowing music students (and parents) to help others in their community just by performing!
This competition is open to anyone, not just Potomac students.
- Special FINAL RECITALS in Harris Theater at George Mason University Sunday June 11, 2017 at 12 noon and 2 pm
- Finalist certificates with name and rating (1st, 2nd, 3rd). Multiple winners in each age group.
- Online application (green button below) submitted by March 20, 2017
- Applicants must submit a playable YouTube video link by April 3, 2017 to email@example.com with applicant performing their piece
- $25 non-refundable application fee (if chosen as a winner, there will be an additional $50 recital fee for a total of $75)
Note: there is a $3 processing fee for both the Application and the Winner Recital registration making the total $81 if registering for both. If not chosen for the Winner's Recital, the total to apply is $28.
Audition video requirements
- Must be a playable YouTube video
- 1-2 complete pieces or movements, no more than 5 minutes total
- Video must show performers entire body and instrument, as well as accompanist if applicable
- Must be well lit
- Pieces must be memorized
- Pieces with accompaniments must be accompanied by live pianist in the video (participants also provide their own accompanist if chosen for the winners’ recital)
- Video title should include student’s name and grade
- Elementary (K-5th grade)
- Middle School (6th – 8th grade)
- High School (9th – 12th grade)
- Adult Amateur (does not make a living from or study music professionally)
- Application deadline March 20, 2017
- Finalists announced and notified via email May 1, 2017
- Final Recitals Sunday June 11, 2017 at 12:00 noon and 2:00 pm
All Competition proceeds go to Potomac scholarship and outreach programs!
Questions? Contact Alaina Talley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-993-9889.