SUMMER PIANO CAMP
For Kids Ages 6-9
Young kids will enjoy this fun, summer-themed piano adventure! In this one-week program, students will be introduced to the piano at a beginners level, as well as various other active musical concepts. one part of the program time will be spent in the digital piano lab, with each child having an individual piano to learn and practice on. The other part of the program will be in a more open classroom space where the students can spread out for other exploratory musical activities.
2014 Program Highlights:
- Learn about the piano instrument itself and how it works
- Introduction to the musical alphabet and keys on the piano through games and exercises
- Begin to understand piano fingering and how to play comfortably at the keyboard
- Introduction to musical notation and rhythm exercises
- Learn songs on the piano and perform in class groups
- Singing and movement/dancing games
- Explore classical composers and different musical genres
- Discover how musical sound can express emotion
- Compose your own short pieces and perform them in class! Compositions will be a fun and creative way for students to apply what they have learned in a musical piece based on their own ideas.
PROGRAM DIRECTOR: Michelle Richardson, firstname.lastname@example.org
|I AM ALREADY REGISTERED. WHAT DO I DO NOW?|
You should expect to receive a "Welcome Email" from Potomac Arts Academy 1-2 weeks before the program begins - providing important details including directions, first day procedures, what to bring, etc. If you do not receive this email, either our email address on file is incorrect or it may be in your Spam/Junk folder. Please include us in your Address Book to avoid the latter.The Welcome Letter will also be posted here:
SUMMER PIANO CAMP WELCOME LETTER 2014
REGISTER - Summer Piano Camp
BASIC TUITION COST: $198
- 8 participant maximum per session (choose one)
- A $3 processing fee is added to all registration transactions
- Choose Split Payment during registration to pay part now, and part on June 1st
Although there will not be a "lunch break", if you would like food options before and/or after the workshop, we recommend Bernie's Deli, which is located 2 blocks away from the Potomac building.
*When registering ONLINE for multiple programs, be sure to select "Add Program" BEFORE clicking the green "All done! Proceed to Checkout" button!
If creating a new account and registering a child under 18, please enter PARENT/ GUARDIAN information FIRST and then "Add Family Member" to enroll your child as a PARTICIPANT!
|HOW TO REGISTER:|
Allow 3-5 Day Delivery
If a registrant has to cancel participation in this program, a tuition refund (minus a $50 cancellation fee) will be given provided that notice is received by the Potomac Arts Academy no later than 2 weeks before the program start date. No refunds will be granted after this date without valid medical documentation.
Why choose MASON?
Join one of our outstanding summer programs and become a part of our acclaimed Mason arts community. Whether you are a teacher, student or child, you will find professionally staffed programs that enrich and inspire- all within the respected Mason setting. Our excellent faculty, world class guest artists, and brand new facilities make Mason the place to be this summer!
Care to Share?