OVATIONS SUMMER STRINGS ACADEMY AT MASON
A Summer Program for Violin, Viola, Cello and Bass Players
The Ovations Summer Strings Academy at Mason offers a unique Chamber Music and String Orchestra experience for young string students (rising 7th graders through 12th grade). Program directors Glenn Dewey and Alex Morrison invite you to take part in this challenging and enriching summer program. Participants will work closely with the Guest Conductor, along with award winning area string educators and professional musicians, on challenging string literature in small chamber ensembles. Participants will also perform in one of two string orchestras, with exciting performances by all of the ensembles at the end of the week. Placement seating auditions will take place on Wednesday, June 25th to determine orchestra and chamber group assignment.
2014 Program Highlights:
- Special Guest Conductor CHRISTOPHER ZIMMERMAN, Music Director of the Fairfax Symphony Orchestra SEE BIO
- Special Guest conductor LATOYA LAMONS, Orchestra Director of South County High School SEE BIO
- Exploration and performance of the highest quality literature for small Chamber Music Ensembles as well as large String Orchestra with significant attention to individual participants in chamber music rehearsals and sectionals
- Chamber groups and large ensembles assigned by ability level
- Interaction with highly qualified string faculty both from the School of Music at Mason and members of the outstanding musical community of Washington DC - program faculty will be assisted by graduate students in the Mason School of Music
- Positive, exciting and meaningful rehearsal/performance experiences
- Opportunity to play a solo in the Solo Recital / Masterclass
- Chamber group AND large group concert performances by the participants, open to family members and the general public
Students participating in this group will perform grade 5-6 level music in both their large string orchestra and chamber music groups. Students will receive regular coaching from Ovations Faculty. All members of Division 2 will perform in the final concert, both in their chamber ensemble and string orchestra. The primary goal of Division 2 is to provide more advanced players opportunities to work together with faculty coaches to delve more deeply into advanced concepts of performance and to expand their musical experiences and horizons.
Glenn Dewey, email@example.com
Alex Morrison, firstname.lastname@example.org
|I AM ALREADY REGISTERED. WHAT DO I DO NOW?|
You should expect to receive a "Welcome Email" from Potomac Arts Academy 1-2 weeks before the program begins - providing important details including directions, first day procedures, what to bring, etc. If you do not receive this email, either our email address on file is incorrect or it may be in your Spam/Junk folder. Please include us in your Address Book to avoid the latter.The Welcome Letter will also be posted here:
OVATIONS STRINGS ACADEMY WELCOME LETTER 2014
Download Orchestra Concert CD Order Form
REGISTER - Ovations Summer Strings Academy at Mason
BASIC TUITION COST: $410
- OPTIONAL Parking Pass (for older Teens): $30 per week*
(Required for visitors to park in Lot K on campus)
- LUNCH: Bring cash to purchase food / snacks or a bag lunch (non-refrigerated)
- A $3 processing fee is added to all registration transactions
- Choose Split Payment during registration to pay part now, and part on June 1st
*A Parking Pass is NOT needed if you are just dropping off/ picking up at the designated site (see Location page).
*When registering ONLINE for multiple programs, be sure to select "Add Program" BEFORE clicking the green "All done! Proceed to Checkout" button!
If creating a new account and registering a child under 18, please enter PARENT/ GUARDIAN information FIRST and then "Add Family Member" to enroll your child as a PARTICIPANT!
|HOW TO REGISTER:|
Mon-Fri, 9am-7pm EST
Allow 3-5 Day Delivery
If a registrant has to cancel participation in this program, a tuition refund (minus a $50 cancellation fee) will be given provided that notice is received by the Potomac Arts Academy no later than 2 weeks before the program start date. No refunds will be granted after this date without valid medical documentation.
Why choose MASON?
Join one of our outstanding summer programs and become a part of our acclaimed Mason arts community. Whether you are a teacher, student or child, you will find professionally staffed programs that enrich and inspire- all within the respected Mason setting. Our excellent faculty, world class guest artists, and brand new facilities make Mason the place to be this summer!
Care to Share?