SUMMER JAZZ WORKSHOP AT MASON
A Summer Program for Jazz Musicians of All Ages
THE JAZZ WORKSHOP WILL KEEP THE ORIGINAL SCHEDULE JUNE 22-27
THOSE AFFECTED BY FCPS SNOW DAYS CLICK HERE FOR OPTIONS
Spend a week learning from some of the best musicians and educators in the Washington D.C. Area—including members of The Metropolitan Jazz Orchestra, Grammy Award-winners and George Mason University jazz faculty! Participate in combos, big band, improvisation, master classes, and more. Musicians of all ages and abilities are welcome.
Vocalists - participate in the exciting Jazz Vocal Track and perform in the final concert alongside the band!
A short and informal audition on Sunday, June 22nd, will place you in a big band and/or combo with musicians of comparable ability (and age group). Participants should be prepared to be challenged and are expected to have basic knowledge of and experience with playing jazz.
2014 Program Highlights:
- INSTRUMENTAL Jazz (including piano) and VOCAL Jazz opportunities
- Guest clinicians include members of the Metropolitan Jazz Orchestra and George Mason University Jazz Faculty
- Each participant will work with the members of the Metropolitan Jazz Orchestra and other faculty in performance, combo, big band rehearsals, and classroom settings
- Final concert performance by participants at the end of week
- Opening Jam Session on Sunday the 22nd, including Workshop faculty AND participants
|I AM ALREADY REGISTERED. WHAT DO I DO NOW?|
You should expect to receive a "Welcome Email" from Potomac Arts Academy 1-2 weeks before the program begins - providing important details including directions, first day procedures, what to bring, etc. If you do not receive this email, either our email address on file is incorrect or it may be in your Spam/Junk folder. Please include us in your Address Book to avoid the latter.The Welcome Letter will also be posted here:
REGISTER - Mason Summer Jazz Workshop
BASIC TUITION COST: $396
- OPTIONAL Parking Pass: $30 per week*
(Required for visitors to park in Lot K on campus)
- LUNCH: Bring cash to purchase food / snacks or a bag lunch (non-refrigerated)
- A $3 processing fee is added to all registration transactions
- Choose Split Payment during registration to pay part now, and part on June 1st
*A Parking Pass is NOT needed if you are just dropping off/ picking up at the designated site (see Location page).
*When registering ONLINE for multiple programs, be sure to select "Add Program" BEFORE clicking the green "All done! Proceed to Checkout" button!
If creating a new account and registering a child under 18, please enter PARENT/ GUARDIAN information FIRST and then "Add Family Member" to enroll your child as a PARTICIPANT!
|HOW TO REGISTER:|
Allow 3-5 Day Delivery
If a registrant has to cancel participation in this program, a tuition refund (minus a $50 cancellation fee) will be given provided that notice is received by the Potomac Arts Academy no later than 2 weeks before the program start date. No refunds will be granted after this date without valid medical documentation.
Why choose MASON?
Join one of our outstanding summer programs and become a part of our acclaimed Mason arts community. Whether you are a teacher, student or child, you will find professionally staffed programs that enrich and inspire- all within the respected Mason setting. Our excellent faculty, world class guest artists, and brand new facilities make Mason the place to be this summer!
Care to Share?