Student Recitals and Showcases
Potomac music students of all ages are given the opportunity to perform in the Fall and/or Spring student recitals.These recitals are a great time for students to show off their talent and skills to family & friends while gaining valuable performance experience. Our recitals, which take place in the de Laski Performing Arts Building on the George Mason University campus, are a professional yet casual affair which allow our community of students and their families and instructors to connect and support each other. Artwork by our visual art students will also be on display.
Participation in the recitals is optional, although strongly encouraged.There is NO recital fee for participation. The performance space is equipped with a Steinway concert grand piano. Performance attendance is free and open to the public. Printed programs listing the performers will be available, as well as a decorated "photo-opp" display. Recital Certificates will be handed out after the performance. For your enjoyment, light refreshments will follow each recital. It's our little way of saying THANK YOU for being a part of Potomac!
WINTER 2014 RECITAL DATES - Saturday, Dec 13th & Sunday, Dec 14th
Recital times are as follows (times subject to change):
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THE RECITAL:
- Between 6-8 weeks prior to the recital date, we will send out a Recital Entry Form via email to all Private Lesson students.
- Unless you are playing the piano, we strongly encourage you to use one of our accompanists - appointed by Potomac (a $20 fee covers the 15-minute rehearsal and the performance; other rehearsal options may be available)
- Recital performers should dress in concert attire or "Sunday Best"
- Plan on arriving early, especially if you would like to warm-up beforehand
- RELAX - while performing can be nerve-wracking, we provide a supportive and friendly environment - do your best and have FUN!
- PARKING - Visitors to GMU can park in Lot K for free on the weekend OR in the adjacent Mason Pond Parking Deck for an hourly rate
Care to Share?