Looking for a fun way to learn how to play guitar? The Potomac Arts Academy in Fairfax, VA offers the perfect blend of university-quality guitar teachers and a friendly environment with other community members.
Semester: SPRING 2015 (January/February thru May/June)
Group Class Schedule At-A-Glance
GUITAR CLASS FOR TEENS Ages: 13 yrs to 18
|GUITAR CLASS FOR ADULTS Ages: 18+ yrs
This introductory course is designed for adult guitar students looking to learn the basics of music notation, chords, picking and strumming techniques. The students will learn to perform solo, duet, and ensemble pieces in a group setting. Song selections will be chosen from a variety of genres in order to promote the best learning environment. Students will be required to provide their own guitar, either a nylon-string classical guitar or a steel-string acoustic guitar. Different ability levels are expected and instruction will be tailored to the players' abilities.
MONDAYS, 6:15PM-7:15PM, Feb 16 - Apr 27 (10 classes)
No class on Mar 30th
Teacher: Glen McCarthy Location: Potomac Building, Room #10
Cost: $285+$10 music fee (split payment plan available - $10 surcharge)
STATUS: CLOSED NEXT CLASS IN FALL 2015
*Please note: A $3 processing fee is added to all registration transactions
All instructors and schedules are subject to change.
GUITAR CLASSES VS. PRIVATE GUITAR LESSONS
Many people are unsure which to choose when it comes to taking a group class versus private lessons. For beginners to advanced beginners, especially children, the group class setting offers numerous benefits:
- Class interaction with the instructor allows for a more comfortable yet still challenging experience
- Ideas and instruction are more fully processed through peer observation, shared thoughts, and classroom Q&A
- The class environment provides a more social and fun experience for both participants and, if they are children, their family members as well.
- Enjoyable instruction in the beginning prepares and engages participants for more intense one-on-one instruction in the future
- An important advantage for classes is that they are less expensive than private lessons, which is especially helpful to parents with children just beginning their musical journey and/or who might not be certain which musical path they want to take
In the end, it is your choice to make. If you do choose a class setting, you can rest assured that we keep our enrollment regulated to allow for plenty of personal attention and skill assessment.
See Private Music Lessons Information
Care to Share?
GUITAR TEACHERS, FAIRFAX VA: